726 Exchange St. 504
Buffalo, NY 14210

Genesee Gateway Buliding

An ongoing $16 million renovation to the block of historic buildings on the corner of Genesee and Oak in Downtown Buffalo. The building contains luxury apartments, two restaurants, and a unique layout of modern office space including a multi- story space for the U.S .Passport Agency. Current work scheduled this year are various tenant

buildouts of approximately $1 million in value. This is an ongoing project, slated for completion this year, 2017. Nicole Santora is project manager.

199 Delaware Avenue

This is a $1 million renovation of a 1920 historic building originally built as a two-story seafood restaurant know as Gandy’s. After several different uses over the years, the interior was completely gutted. It now houses professional office space on the second floor and a new stateof-the-art dental office on the first floor. It was completed in May 2017. All aspects of this project were handled by CityView

Larkin Building

LCo, 726 Exchange St.
This has been an ongoing project for CityView over the past 15 years. This building is an historic 10-story, 600,000 square foot warehouse that was converted to class “A” office space. The initial project took about 7 years to go from zero to one hundred percent occupancy.

The entire project, from design to completion, was managed by CityView, including the construction of a new 900 car, three-story parking ramp. CityView worked with many different architects and engineers over the duration of the project. Currently, CityView has several remodel projects at various stages within the building ranging from 5,000 to 40,000 square feet.

Larkin U Building

239 Van Rensselaer Street
This historic, adaptive reuse project took a 46,000 square foot, 3-story industrial building and converted it to class “A” office space. This project included a fully occupied basement as well as the 3 above ground floors. Extensive work was done to waterproof the basement walls in the most sensitive areas. Multiple types of HVAC systems were also used to accommodate the different conditions that
existed in the completed building. Exterior work included masonry cleaning and pointing, paint removal, windows, doors, and a new roof. An addition was built at the east end of the building to house an elevator, stairway, and lobbies. The total cost of this project was approximately $9,000,000, including tenant buildout costs.

Hydraulic Hearth

716 Swan St.
This was a $4 million renovation to the historic building formerly known as the “Swan Lounge”. This renovation included complete interior demolition and massive replacement of existing structure, as well as an addition to house a new elevator, stairway, garage for the luxury apartments, and space for the new brewery equipment consisting of a 7 barrel brewhouse, glycol cooled fermenters, and bright tanks. The final product includes two luxury upscale apartments, a restaurant with a wood burning pizza oven, and the brewery. The project was completed in August 2014. Steve Savidge was project manager.

LCo Building

7th Floor Remodel,
First Niagara Bank

This project consisted of a complete remodel of approximately 40,000 square feet of office space in the historic Larkin Building. The project was designed to LEED Silver criteria under the direction of BHNT Architects. During the planning process, Bill Jones, project executive, attended weekly design meetings with First Niagara, the architect, and the engineers. The project management team was headed by Steve Savidge, assisted by Nicole Santora, project specialist. This project was completed in 2014. The value of this project was an excess of $2.5 million.

Larking Square

This project was a complex, outdoor, semi-public venue located next to the “U Building,” on Seneca Street at the location of the former Larkin Gas Station. This $1 million-plus project consisted of multiple structures all tied together with a network of underground systems. From custom lighting, sound, and Wi-Fi systems to special water, sewer, power set-ups, and custom perimeter fencing, the complications of this project never ended.

CityView dealt with unusual soil conditions and environmental issues. All coordination of this significant site project was handled by CityView Construction Management. Special permits and inspections, as well as construction, civil engineering and structural engineering issues were handled by Steve Savidge. The project first opened in 2012. Since then, tens of thousands of people per year visit this venue

Root Buliding Square

70 W. Chippewa St.
The Root Building was built in 1912. It now houses the Emerson School of Hospitality and professional office space in its 100,000 square feet. A significant classroom addition was added around 2001. In 2014, basement space was converted to a bakery and pastry kitchen for the school at a cost of around $500,000. The Emerson School has become one of the true success stories of the Buffalo Public School System. Over the past 15 years CityView has managed approximately $13 million in renovations to this historic structure.

860 Seneca St

This historic building built in the 1890’s now houses Buffalo Distilling Co. The renovation of this historic building included removing paint from the exterior brick, pointing of the masonry, new windows, new floors at grade level, and an addition to house the distilling operation. This 7,000 square foot building was restored and renovated under CityView’s management at a cost of approximately $500,000.

Filling Station Restaurant

Larking Square
The Filling Station, an adaptive re-use of a vintage 1930s gas station, the Larkin Filling Station #6. It was a 4,000 square foot, 1 million dollar project. The Larkin Filling Station #6, sold to Gulf Oil in 1941 and vacant since the early 1990s, was revitalized in 2012 by Larkin Development Group, sparking the awakening of Larkin Square. When construction began in 2009 with CityView Construction Management as the construction manager, the existing Gulf Oil metal panels were removed, revealing the original brick and concrete structure to be salvaged. The interior walls were demolished, new partial roof structure and a basement was added. The complete building was retrofitted to accommodate the modern, retro-style restaurant it is today.